Blog Post Week 2 Part 1

     All social media platforms can be used as either a personal use for entertainment and connection or a business tool, but I think it depends greatly on how the person or business uses them. With the "Like" buttons and share options on social media, however, the platforms that use this system give businesses the advantage of having organic promotion and advertising.
   
     Facebook, Instagram and YouTube are example of social media platforms that are great for businesses to both promote their products and to either pay influencers to advertise their product/company or use the "like" system to organically promote their business.
   
     I think Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube are all great platforms for personal use and for business use, depending on how they are used. Instagram and YouTube are great for content creators to share and connect with others, but also for businesses to use other's influence as a way to promote their businesses.





Comments

  1. I totally agree with everything you said Angelina! I think most social medias work in both ways. They all can be used to get in contact with friends and keep up with each other but at the same time you can do that and also happen to see a post that is sponsored pop up. That then might lead you into looking at that business Instagram and finds some products that go along with your interests. Instagram,Facebook and YouTube definitely all do that and are capable of working for both personal use and business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about YouTube as being a social media platform. I forgot about Snapchat and a bunch of other platforms as well. I'm guessing that I forgot about all of these other great platforms, probably because I only use Facebook and Instagram as my main platforms both for business and personal. I use Facebook the most when marketing for my barbershop. I am able to create events and run ads which I then can also run on Instagram. I also use Yelp and will be using Google within the week to promote Clipper Junkies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angelina, when I wrote my blog I was not thinking about the influencers, but to tell the truth the existence of the influencers is very interesting for me. The fact that they are making money just by promoting something is fascinating. I also agree with you that pretty much every social media can be used in both ways (exception could be LinkedIn). It just depends on how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree that social media platforms are used for both personal and business use, hand in hand. You really cannot have one without the other. The "like" system is a pretty genius way of engaging an audience and helping them connect with each other (personal) but also collects data for marketing (business).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts