Week 1A: Blog Template

Every time I've attempted to start a blog, the one factor that always prevents me from starting is how I want my blog to look. It seems silly, and superficial, to put so much importance on such a seemingly minute thing, but the layout of your blog is what catches the eye of the reader, what inspires your creativity, and what feelings the process stir inside you. Our eyes are always searching for patterns, colors, shapes and images that light us from within. 

I chose the template of my blog firstly because of the simplicity of it. I do not consider myself a minimalist, but when it comes to aesthetics and design, I do tend to lean towards the less cluttered layouts. I went with a plain white background, to keep the blog light, and have the focus be more on the blog posts and images themselves. 

The photo, color, and font I chose all reflect my own personal retro and 70s-inspired style. I love earth tones and flowy, more organic fonts that give designs an ethereal feeling. I went for an earth tone font, and chose a photo with fruit, all natural textures and colors, to stick to my personal style and preference. 

Overall, I am happy with my theme and template that I have chosen, although I wouldn't be surprised if it changes a few times from now, as my style and taste is constantly evolving. 

Comments

  1. I enjoy how you either found a photo to pull all your color choices together, or found a photo to pull your color inspiration from. It looks seamless and no color seems out place. I think a subtle pull from the blood orange could also add a nice touch. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelina,

    I like that your style and tastes and constantly evolving. I find myself to be the same, and my blog will also probably change quite a bit throughout this semester! I enjoy the fruit image and the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice,minimalist theme. Keeps colors going together and allows for easy access to information. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the look you were going for and I think you accomplished that. It definitely looks like a very bright and light earthy style. I also love the idea of keeping it plain so there is more focus on pictures. Overall I think it just looks more clean so I love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts